Monday, February 6, 2012

Put it aside

So i had the great emotional misfortune of reading Mansfield Park, Quarterlife Crisis and watching my beloved New England Patriots lose the Super Bowl all around the same time... all three of which made me very depressed.

Mansfield Park just instills sadness because you feel genuinely bad for the "heroine" Fanny Price: the pathetic, forgotten, neglected protagonist who has to have her cousin fight her battles and attempt to remember she is still there. I haven't finished it yet, but i have put it aside to regain my footing.

Quaterlife Crisis is much the same only it makes me feel a bit like Fanny Price.

And the Patriots lost...but being the dedicated fan, i watched every second and missed Downton Abbey.

You are welcome, Wes Welker <3

No comments:

Post a Comment